Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hail to the Redskins!!

Last weekend was Redskin cake weekend! We were asked to make a Groom's cake with a chocolate Redskins football and a Jersey coming down the side of the cake. The second cake was a Birthday cake with a chocolate Redskins football on top. We love making the footballs and can paint any team logo on top.

We start 0ff by tempering chocolate and making the chocolate football in a mold

I sketch out the logo with a food color marker

Then I paint in the colors

The final colors and details are painted on last

Here is the football on the groom's cake! Congratulations Meghan and Pat!!

Here is the other football on the Birthday cake! Happy Birthday David!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this cake, you have some talent, my boyfriend is obsessed with the redskins. You are a talented cake maker :)

Julie said...

Are you in Maryland or nearby? Do you sell the footballs and jerseys? My husbands birthday is coming up and he LOVES the redskins

Thickgurlover said...

My name is Tony and I am very anxious to have a football cake designed for my sons Birthday 10/29! I love your Redskins cake and would like maybe the Skins or my sons Pop Warner team designed after the Bengals. Please, oh please, oh please give me a call! 202.351.2421 (cell)

meme said...

I love you cake, I would like to no if the jersey is fondant? if so what colors did you use? the name of the brand. Thanks