Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amina & Khadijah's 13th Birthday Cake

Back in October of 2008, I got an e-mail from Amina asking us to make her and her friend's 13th Birthday cake on February 7th, 2009. She had a sketch of her cake with all the specific colors that she wanted on the cake. I drew a sketch for her with the colors and it was set, the girls were really happy with the final cake. The bottom tier was yellow buttermilk with alternating layers of Chocolate and Raspberry Buttercream. The top tier was alternating layers of chocolate and Red Velvet cake with Cookies and Cream Buttercream. I got an e-mail from one of the girls at the party the day after that said "the red velvet cake was so good I was having trouble contemplating reality!!"

Amina's sketch


Our Sketch for Amina and Khadijah

The final Cake!!

Happy 13th Birthday to Amina & Khadijah!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of the girls had 2 or 3 pieces. Everyone wanted to taste both of the tiers. This cake was one of the best that I have ordered so far.

Vicky @ event accomplished said...

this is a great idea, Lara! I love seeing a cake concept from sketch to reality. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

YAY! =D