Monday, February 9, 2009

Eric and Ellen's Carrot Wedding Cake!!

We got a picture from one of our favorite wedding planners, Terri Eaves of Bash, of Eric and Ellen's wedding cake that we made for them in November 2008 at the beautiful Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase. Since I had forgotten my camera, the only pic I had of the cake was this awful fuzzy one taken with my phone. So, needless to say, I was really excited to get such a wonderful image taken by Michael Bonfigli.

Cake was a 4 tier Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cake had a sugar ribbon border
with Swiss dots that were painted with a pearlized color to give it some shine!
We added some baby roses at the reception.
Congrats to Ellen & Eric!!

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

Beautiful! I am also learning how to bake big cakes. It was good seeing this post. My nephew’s birthday is around the corner and I am thinking of baking my first cake then. There is also a fest in one of the event venues here and I am going to display some of my work there.